Agile Fact: Agile takes discipline …
Many people think that “doing” Agile is easy. Some people mistakenly believe that Agile has a culture of JFDI (Just F***ing Do It). The more mature protagonists and practitioners of Agility believe that Agile takes discipline to execute appropriately.
It takes discipline (and often courage) to:
- Say no to unrealistic timescales;
- Self-manage and self-organise;
- Focus consistently on business goals;
- Deliver on time;
- Work as a team rather than as solo artists;
- Never compromise on our quality;
- Not rush out of the foundations or release planning phase;
- Dedicate ourselves to continually improve;
- To work through our differences with other people and disciplines;
- Collaborate with other disciplines for team goals;
- Admit to our mistakes and work towards improving them;
- Stick to the agreed and committed to Sprint or Timebox goal
I’m only just getting warmed up here – in what other ways is Agile a more disciplined approach – i’d love to read your replies below.